This procedure chemically applies a protective chromate coating on aluminum through immersion. There are several benefits:
- Good corrosion protection
- Excellent conductive surface
- Good primer for painting
- Adds no weight
- Maintains pre-process dimensions
Alodine/Chem Film Capabilities
- Type of Process
- Alodine/Chem Film on Aluminum
- The Alodine/Chem Film process provides good corrosion protection, even when scratched. It creates an excellent conductive surface that also doubles as an excellent base for paint. The process adds no weight and does not alter the dimensions of the component.
- Process Approvals
- For Alodine/Chem Film we adhere to:
- CSFS027: Cessna Specification - Anodizing, Chromic - Aluminum
- AMS 2473: Chemical Film Treatment for Aluminum Alloys, General Purpose Coating
- MIL-DTL-5541: Chemical Conversion Coatings on Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys
- GAMPS 6113
- MIL-C-5541 (PDF - 617KB)
- Chromate Conversion Coating
- Base Materials Worked
- Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys
- The chemical conversion coatings shall be of the following classes:
- Class 1A = For maximum protection against corrosion, for surfaces to be painted or left unpainted
- Class 3 = For protections against corrosion where lower electrical resistance is required
- All Alodine/Chem Film processes are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
- Additional Operations
offer several additional operations that may be required for your
product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Penetrant
Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry
Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide Alodine/Chem Film for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.