Cadmium plating involves covering a component with cadmium by submerging it in a bath and running an electric current through it.
- Provides decorative finish that is conducive to painting
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Naturally lubricated
Cadmium Plating Capabilities
- Type of Plating
- Cadmium Plating
- Cadmium plating provides excellent corrosion resistance with a minimum thickness added to the part. The finish provides a good base for application of paint, as well as providing a decorative finish. The naturally lubricated nature of cadmium lends itself to many cycles of disassembly and re-assembly.
- Process Approvals
- For Cadmium Plating we adhere to:
- BAC 5701: Cadmium Plating
- CSFS024: Cessna Cadmium Plate Specification - Steel and Copper Alloys
- GSS8052: Cadmium Plating
- AMS-QQ-P-416: Plating, Cadmium (Electrodeposited)
- AMS-QQ-P-416 (PDF - 1103KB)
- Base Materials Worked
- All conductive metals.
- Plating Type
- Cadmium Plating shall be of the following types:
- Type I = As Plated
- Type II = With supplementary chromate treatment
- Type III = With supplemental phosphate treatment
- Plating Class
- Plating thickness depends on the Class Required:
- Class 3 = 0.0002" thick (min.)
- Class 1 = 0.0005" thick (min.)
- Class 2 = 0.0003" thick (min.)
- All cadmium plating processes are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
- Additional Operations
offer several additional operations that may be required for your
product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Penetrant
Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry
Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All plating processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide cadmium plating for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.