Electroless Nickel Plating
This procedure involves electroless (autocatalytic chemical reduction) deposition of nickel-phosphorous alloy coatings on metal and composite surfaces.
- Excellent resistance to corrosion and wear
- Ideal for uniform material deposit on irregular shapes and internal dimensions
- Metallic color
Electroless Nickel Plating Capabilities
- Type of Plating
- Electroless Nickel Plating
- Excellent resistance to corrosion and wear. The process is ideal for uniform material deposit on irregular shapes and internal dimensions with no edge accumulation. Adds cosmetic metallic appearance.
- Process Approvals
- For Electroless Nickel Plating we adhere to:
- AMS-C-26074 Coatings, Electroless Nickel Requirements for SAE International (replaces MIL-C-26074)
This specification covers the requirements for electroless (autocatalytic chemical reduction) deposition of nickel-phosphorous alloy coatings on metal and composite surfaces.
- Phosphorus is included in the Electroless Nickel plating process. The level of phosphorus dictates the hardness of the plating and corrosion resistance.
- Base Materials Worked
- We are able to work with all possible base materials.
- Plating Class
- The nickel coatings shall be classified in accordance with the thermal treatment applied subsequent to plating:
- Class 1 = As plated, no subsequent heat treatment: A bake for hydrogen embrittlement relief is not considered a heat treatment.
- Class 2 = Heat treated to obtain required hardness: May be used on all metals not affected by heating to 500° F and above.
- Class 3 = Aluminum alloys non heat-treatable, and beryllium alloys processed to improve adhesion of the nickel deposit.
- Class 4 = Aluminum alloys, heat-treatable, processed to improve adhesion of the nickel deposit.
- Plating Grade
- Plating thickness depends on the Grade (A, B, or C) required.
- Grade A = 0.0010" min
- Grade B = 0.0005" min
- Grade C = 0.0015" min
- All electroless nickel plating processes are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
- Additional Operations
offer several additional operations that may be required for your
product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Penetrant
Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry
Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All plating processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide electroless nickel plating for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.