Hardcoat Anodizing (Type III) is performed by submerging the component in an acid bath electrolyte solution. The anodic oxide build up actually penetrates the part or component as much as it builds up on the surface. Some benefits are:
- Corrosion Resistance
- Abrasion Resistance
- Electrical Resistance
Hardcoat Anodizing Capabilities
- Type of Process
- Hardcoat Anodizing
- Component or part gains increased corrosion resistance. Also has greater abrasion and electrical resistance.
- Process Approvals
- For Hardcoat Anodizing we adhere to:
- AMS 2482: Hard Coating Treatment of Aluminum Alloys PTFE-Impregnated Or Codeposited
- CSFS020: Anodize, Chromic Acid, Sulfuric Acid and Hard Coat
- MIL-A-8625 (PDF - 1627KB)
- Anodic Oxide builds up on the part.
- Base Materials Worked
- Aluminum and aluminum alloys.
- Type III - Hard Coatings. Produced by immersing the aluminum components into a low temperature acid bath.
- The Hardcoat Anodizing Classes we adhere to are:
- Class 1 - Non-Dyed
- Colors range from light tan to gray/brown, from gold to bronze, and many shades of gray.
- Anodizing Thickness
- From 12.7µ-115µ. Hardcoat Anodizing actually penetrates the metal as much as it builds up on the surface. So, the term "thickness" actually includes the penetration and build-up.
- All Hardcoat Anodizing processes are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
- Additional Operations
offer several additional operations that may be required for your
product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Penetrant
Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry
Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide Hardcoat Anodizing for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.