Manganese Phosphate Plating
This process involves plating ferrous metals with manganese phosphate by immersion. The resulting coating has many benefits:
- Reduces friction and wear on moving parts
- Corrosion Resistance
Manganese Phosphate Plating Capabilities
- Type of Plating
- Manganese Phosphate Plating
- Improves life of component or product by reducing coefficient of friction and wear between moving parts. Also provides corrosion resistance.
- Process Approvals
- For Manganese Phosphate Plating we adhere to:
- MIL-DTL-16232 Type M (Replaces DOD-P-16232): Phosphate Coating, Heavy, Manganese or Zinc Base
- MIL-DTL-16232 Type M (Replaces DOD-P-16232) (PDF - 63KB)
- Manganese Phosphate
- Base Materials Worked
- This specification focuses on manganese phosphate plating of all ferrous metals (Iron and Steel).
- Plating Type
- Type M = Manganese Phosphate Base
- Plating Class
- The Manganese Phosphate plating should be of the following classes:
- Class 1 = Supplementary preservative treatment or coating, as specified
- Class 2 = Supplementary treatment with lubricating oil conforming MIL-PRF-16173, Grade 3 or MIL-PRF-3150
- Class 3 = No supplementary treatment
- Class 4 = Chemically converted (may be dyed to color as specified) With no supplementary coating or coating as specified
- All manganese phosphate plating processes are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
- Additional Operations
offer several additional operations that may be required for your
product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Penetrant
Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry
Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All plating processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide manganese phosphate plating for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.