Passivating steel removes all impurities from the part or component and creates a hard non-reactive surface film that inhibits further corrosion.
- Type of Process
- Passivation treatments for cleaning and descaling corrosion-resistant parts, components, equipment and systems.
- Passivating steel removes all impurities and creates a hard non-reactive surface film that inhibits further corrosion.
- Process Approvals
- For Passivation we adhere to:
- AMS 2700: Passivation of Corrosion Resistant Steels
- BAC 5625: Passivation of Corrosion Resistant Steels (Type II)
- BAC 5751: Passivation of Stainless Steel
- DPS 9.07: Surface Treatment of Corrosion Resistant Steels
- GAMPS 4103: Acid Cleaning of Ferrous Alloys
- GSS 7021: Acid Cleaning of Ferrous Alloys
- AMS-QQ-P-35-98: Passivation Treatments for Corrosion-Resistant Steel
- Acid cleaning creates passivating layer a few atoms thick.
- Base Materials Worked
- Steel, Stainless Steel
- Passivation treatments shall be of the following types:
- Type II - Medium temperature nitric acid solution with sodium dichromate additive
- Type VI - Low temperature nitric acid solution
- Type VII - Medium temperature nitric acid solution
- Type VIII - Medium temperature high concentration nitric acid solution
- All Passivation processes are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
- Additional Operations
offer several additional operations that may be required for your
product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Penetrant
Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry
Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide passivation for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.