Liquid penetrant examination processes are applicable to in-process, final, and maintenance (in-service) inspections. These processes are applicable for the detection of discontinuities, such as lack of fusion, corrosion, cracks, laps, cold shuts, and porosity, that are open or connected to the surface of the component under examination.
Penetrant Inspection Capabilities
- Type of Process
- Penetrant Inspection
- Penetrant Inspection is used for the detection of discontinuities, such as lack of fusion, corrosion, cracks, laps, cold shuts, and porosity, that are open or connected to the surface of the component under examination.
- Process Approvals
- We offer the following specifications for Penetrant Inspection:
- MIL-I-6868: Inspection Process, Magnetic Particle
- MIL-STD-1907: Inspection, Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle, Soundness Requirements for Materials, Parts and Weldments
- MIL-STD-410: Nondestructive Testing Personnel Qualification and Certification
- BAC 5423: Penetrant Inspection
- BSS 7039: Liquid Penetrant Inspection
- BSS 7698: NDI Personnel Certification Level III Magnetic
- CPS 5427: Fluorescent Penetrant Inspect Accept/Reject Criteria
- CSTI002: Penetration Inspection
- DPS 4.707: Penetrant Inspection (Fluorescence)
- DPS 4.747: NDT Procedure Approval
- GT 23A: Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection
- HP 6-13: Inspection, Penetrant, Fluorescent
- MC-1019: Penetrant Inspection for Propeller
- MIL-STD-6866: Inspection, Liquid Penetrant
- NAS410 Certification
- SS8806: Fluorescent Dye Penetrant Inspection
- MIL-I-6868 (PDF - 852KB)
MIL-STD-1907 (PDF - 550KB)
MIL-STD-410 (PDF - 46KB)
- Base Materials Worked
- All Materials
- All Penetrant Inspection Services are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
- Additional Operations
offer several additional operations that may be required for your
product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Hardness
& Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry Film/Solid Film Lubricants and
Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide Penetrant Inspection Services for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.