Primers & Topcoats
We have a large selection of Primers and Topcoats to suit your every need.
- All Colors
- All Applications
Primers & Topcoats Capabilities
- Type of Process
- Primer and Topcoat Application Services
- Primer increases the adhesion of the topcoat or paint to the material. The Topcoat is the final coating layer on a component. It usually provides the color or finish desired.
- Process Approvals
- We offer the following specifications for Primer and Topcoat application:
- MIL-F-14072: Finishes For Ground Based Electronic Equipment
- MIL-F-18264: Finishes: Organic, Weapons System, Application and Control
- MIL-PRF-23377: Primer Coatings: Epoxy, High-Solids
- MIL-PRF-85582: Primer Coatings: Epoxy, Waterborne
- Additional Specifications available upon request. Some Limitations apply.
- BAC 5736: Application of Chemical and Solvent Resistant Finishes
- BAC 5793: Application of Corrosion Resistant Finish for Integral Fuel Tanks
- D210-12534-1: Coating System, Epoxy Polyamide, Chemical and Solvent Resistant: Process for Application
- DPS 4.50-36-17: Epoxy FR Coating System
- DPS 4.50-127: Fuel Tank Coating
- DPS 4.50-168: Heat Resistant Urethane Coating
- DPS 4.50-62: Impact Resistant Coating System
- GAMPS 3103: Paint, Primer, Epoxy
- GAMPS 3116: Top Coat and Primers
- GSS 4310: Application of Epoxy Primer
- GSS 4510: Coating, Polyurethane, Application of
- MIL-F-14072 (PDF - 2758KB)
MIL-F-18264 (PDF - 5279KB)
MIL-PRF-23377 (PDF - 134KB)
MIL-PRF-85582 (PDF - 52KB)
- Base Materials Worked
- All Materials
- Primer Types
- We offer the following Primer types:
- General Types
- Adhesive Bond Primers
- Wash Primers
- Epoxy Primers
- Topcoat Types
- We offer the following Topcoat types:
- General Types
- Aliphatic Polyurethane Coatings
- Commercial Coatings
- Epoxy Topcoats
- Fluid Resistant Coatings
- Fuel Tank Coatings
- Heat Resistance Urethane Coatings
- Impact Resistant Coatings
- MIL-Spec Paints
- Polyurethane Coatings
- Wash Primers
- Water Base Coatings
- Zinc Chromate Coatings
- Others available upon request!
- All Primer and Topcoat Application Services are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
- Additional Operations
- We offer several additional operations that may be required for your product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Penetrant Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT) and Dry Film/Solid Film Lubricants. Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide Primer and Topcoat application service for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.