By pelting the component repeatedly with steel, glass, or ceramic shot, we can increase the fatigue life. The process creates a compressed surface layer which removes any microscopic cracks that could later cause fatigue failure.
Shot Peening Capabilities
- Type of Process
- Shot Peening
- Shot Peening is used to increase the fatigue life of the parts. Parts are bombarded with steel, glass, or ceramic shot to eliminate microscopic cracks that could induce fatigue failure.
- Base Materials Worked
- All ferrous metals (iron, steel, stainless steel, etc.), aluminum, and aluminum alloys.
- Additional Operations
offer several additional operations that may be required for your
product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Penetrant
Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry
Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide Shot Peening Services for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.