Sulfuric Anodizing (Type II) is performed by submerging the component in a room temperature sulfuric acid bath for 30 to 60 minutes. Some benefits are:
- Corrosion Resistance
- Abrasion Resistance
- Electrical Resistance
- All Colors Available
Sulfuric Anodizing Capabilities
- Type of Process
- Sulfuric Anodizing
- Component or part gains increased corrosion resistance. Also has greater abrasion and electrical resistance.
- Process Approvals
- For Sulfuric Anodizing we adhere to:
- AMS 2472: Anodic Treatment of Aluminum Alloys Sulfuric Acid Process, Dyed Coating
- CSFS020: Anodize, Chromic Acid, Sulfuric Acid and Hard Coat
- PS 13201: Anodize
- MIL-A-8625 (PDF - 1627KB)
- Anodic Oxide builds up on the part.
- Base Materials Worked
- Aluminum and aluminum alloys.
- The Sulfuric Anodizing Types we adhere to are:
- Type II - Sulfuric acid anodizing, conventional coatings produced from sulfuric acid bath
- Type IIB - Thin sulfuric acid anodizing, for use as a non-chromate alternative for Type I and IB coatings
- The Sulfuric Anodizing Classes we adhere to are:
- Class 1 - Non Dyed
- Class 2- Dyed
- We can provide all colors.
- Anodizing Thickness
- From 1.8µ-25.4µ.
- All Sulfuric Anodizing processes are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
- Additional Operations
offer several additional operations that may be required for your
product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Penetrant
Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry
Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide Sulfuric Anodizing for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.