Zinc Phosphate Coating
This process involves coating ferrous metals with zinc phosphate by immersion. The resulting coating has many benefits:
- Corrosion Resistance
- Allows Adhesion of Lubricants
Zinc Phosphate Coating Capabilities
- Type of Plating
- Zinc Phosphate Coating
- This process creates a corrosion resistant coating that allows the adhesion of lubricants or paints.
- Process Approvals
- For Zinc Phosphate Coating we adhere to:
- TT-C-490E: Chemical Conversion Coatings and Pretreatments for Ferrous Surfaces (Base for Organic Coatings)
- TT-C-490E (PDF - 57KB)
- Zinc Phosphate
- Base Materials Worked
- This specification focuses on zinc phosphate coating of all ferrous metals (Iron and Steel).
- Plating Type
- Zinc Phosphate Coating shall be of the following types:
- Type I = Zinc phosphate spray application (150 mg/ft2 min - 500 mg/ft2 max) or Zinc phosphate immersion or dip application (300 mg/ft2 min - 500 mg/ft2 max)
- Type V = Zinc phosphate (500 mg/ft2 min - 1100 mg/ft2 max)
- All zinc phosphate coating processes are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
- Additional Operations
offer several additional operations that may be required for your
product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Penetrant
Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry
Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All plating processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide zinc phosphate coating for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.