This procedure covers electrodeposited zinc coatings applied to iron or steel articles to protect them from corrosion. The coatings are provided in four standard thickness classes, in the as-plated condition or with one of three types of supplementary finish.
- Corrosion resistance
- Bright or dull finish
Zinc Plating Capabilities
- Type of Plating
- Zinc Plating/Zinc Coating, Electrodeposited
- Primary function is to rust proof steel or iron. Can have a bright finish resembling Chromium, or a dull finish.
- Process Approvals
- For Zinc Plating we adhere to:
This specification covers requirements for electrodeposited zinc coatings applied to iron or steel articles to protect them from corrosion.
- Base Materials Worked
- This specification focuses on zinc plating of Iron and Steel.
- Plating Type
- Zinc plating covered by ASTM B633 shall be of the following Types:
- Type I = Without supplementary chromate or phosphate treatment
- Type II = With supplementary chromate treatment
- Type III = With supplementary phosphate treatment
- Plating Class
- Plating thickness depends on the Class Required:
- Class 1 = 0.0010" thick (min.)
- Class 2 = 0.0005" thick (min.)
- Class 3 = 0.0002" thick (min.)
- All zinc plating processes are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
- Additional Operations
offer several additional operations that may be required for your
product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Penetrant
Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry
Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
- Quality Control
- All plating processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
- Industries Served
- We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
- Environmental Responsibility
a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our
environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention
System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
- With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
- Minimum Order
- We can provide zinc plating for prototype to high volume runs.
- Drawing Submissions
- We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
- Special Instructions
- Please Attach Drawing to Request Information Form.